Secrets to Balanced Adrenals
- Do you feel exhausted, overwhelmed, and stressed all the time?
- Are you always hungry, frequently craving sweets, or tempted by “carb-binges”?
- Are you struggling with peri-menopause or menopause: lowered sex drive, mood swings, and hot flashes?
- Are you using coffee or cola to get going in the morning and stay awake in the afternoon?
Signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue include:
- Headaches with stress or in the afternoon
- Frequent colds and flus; weak immune system
- Slow to get going in the morning
- Craving sweets and stimulants
- Feeling lightheaded, shaky, or irritable between meals
- Eating to relieve fatigue
- Difficulty sleeping; wake up at 3 or 4 a.m.
- Dizziness when moving from sitting to standing
- Low blood pressure
The adrenal glands help the kidneys by releasing hormones and chemical messengers including cortisol and adrenaline. Often a thyroid issue is really an adrenal imbalance. If you have high levels of cortisol, you may have difficulty processing hormones. The hormones made in the adrenals include: Glucocorticoids – balance your body’s blood sugar, help with energy and food metabolism, help your body release stress and manage your immune response (e.g., cortisol). Mineralocorticoids – maintain healthy blood pressure and manage your blood hydration level, and keep your blood healthy by keeping salt and water in balance (e.g., aldosterone). I see more people skip the mineral supplements which are more important than the vitamins. We need the vital minerals that help make the enzymes that digest our foods. The Sex hormones, estrogen and testosterone are also kept in balance by the adrenals. Adrenaline affects your heart health, make sure that all parts of the body are getting blood and convert glycogen into glucose in your liver.
If you have the above symptoms getting help sooner than later is important. I have seen severe cases of adrenal fatigue where people actually pass out from the imbalances associated with this syndrome. AF does not just take place in the adrenals.. hormones, digestion and other glands and organs are involved and it is different for each person.
BIG Secret! There are actually five secrets to balancing the adrenals.. here is the BIG one: YOU are unique, you are whole and needed to be treated as the beautiful whole person you are. Yes! Trying to balance hormones and taking supplements misses the cause, the emotional component and clearing the traumas that led to the imbalance in the first place. To learn more attend the Free workshop April 16th at 10:00 AM in the ANHC office.
High quality supplements assist the adrenals come back into balance and are a piece of the puzzle. Our Adrenal support is frequency enhanced. Learn more and get your bottle here: Adrenal Support This combination of nutrition and herbs contains Siberian Ginseng which a has anti stress properties. Eating healthy and often throughout the day to help balance blood sugar is recommended.
Learn more tips on healthy eating and the other four secrets at the Secrets to Balanced Adrenals workshop on Sat. April 16th at 10:00 AM in the Albuquerque Natural Health Center Office. 4550 Eubank blvd. NE suite 205, Albuquerque, NM 87111 please call and rsvp 505-797-0540.